1. Prices do not include Maine Lodging Tax.
2. We accept all major credit cards. If you choose to pay by cash we require a credit card on file for security.
3. Sorry we do not accept personal checks.
4. Rooms based on double occupancy. Some rooms can accommodate more than 2 guests, additional guests 12 years and older, will be charged an additional $20.00/night per person.
5. If rooms are left in excessive disarray and require more than normal housekeeping an additional $25.00 charge will be imposed.
Damage beyond normal wear and tear will be assessed and charged to the credit card on file on an as needed basis. This is a small family owned business, we can not absorb the costs of willful destruction of property and expect to stay in business. Invoices and pictures can be provided upon request.
All but one of the fireplaces on the property have been sealed off. The fireplace in Apartment B now has a very nice electric fireplace insert. Please no open flames (including candles and incense) in any room as this violates the fire code and you will be asked to leave with no refund.
There is no cooking in any unit that doesn't have a kitchen or kitchenette. That includes hot plates and portable stoves. Cottage 7, Apartment A, and Apartment B are the only units you can cook in. We have a grill on the deck that you can use for cooking if you so desire at your own risk. This is for your safety, the safety of our other guests, the protection of our property and business. If we become aware that you have cooked in the room (not designed for cooking), you will be asked to leave and there will be no refund. If you have left and we become aware you have cooked in the room, you will be charged a $150.00 additional cleaning fee.
1. You must cancel by 6 PM seven days prior to your arrival to avoid a one-night cancellation fee. If we can re-book your room, there will be no charge to your credit card.
2. We charge your credit card for the full stay at check in; if you shorten your stay, we will try to rebook your room and if possible refund the balance of your reservation.
3. If, for any reason, we have to refund money to your credit card, there will be a $25 service charge.
Hours of Operation
1. Office hours are from 7:30 AM to 9 PM. Daily the office will be closed from 10 am to 3 pm to allow for maintenance of the property.
2. Garden Jacuzzi room and hot tub is open from 6 PM to 10 PM.
1. Check-in time is after 3 PM; please no late check-ins after 9 PM unless special arrangements have been made (please phone ahead). Sorry, no late check in for B&B suites.
2. Check-out time is by 10 AM, there is a night key drop box for your convenience. Sorry, during the summer we cannot accommodate late check-outs.
3. When making reservations children 11 years old and younger are free. Children 12 years and older are charged an additional $20.00 per person for rooms that can accommodate them, please input them as adults when making reservations. If you arrive and have more people than you have declared and is beyond the maximum allowed occupancy for the room you will be asked to leave and charged for the full stay. Please declare all people you are making a reservation for (and yes children whether we charge for them or not are people too).
1. Sorry, due to the numerous pet owners who have not notified us that they have a pet travelling with them, we no longer allow pets in our rooms.
2. We do not allow pets to remain in guest cars during their stay.
3. Any guest that does not follow our policy will be asked to leave the premises immediately, without refund.
4. Service dogs are exempt from this policy. BE ADVISED A COMFORT ANIMAL IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT AS A SERVICE ANIMAL. Guest is responsible for any damage to property. Service dogs should be kept with you at all times and not left alone in the room.
1. We will pick up and drop off guests at Bar Harbor Airport during our business hours at no charge.
2. We can assist in making activity arrangements; restaurant reservations; massages; rental cars; and tours, etc. We can not be responsible for any expenses incurred with this service.
1. Sorry, we do not have any smoking rooms; however, there are several locations outside rooms, cottages, and deck areas where it is convenient to smoke. We will appreciate it if guests will follow this policy.
2. These rooms are for the enjoyment of everyone. If we detect smoking in the rooms, we will charge a $200.00 fumigation/cleaning fee.